My 2014 Reflections: Lessons Learned

The year 2014 has come to an end and I praise God that He has brought me this far and will continue to take me further.

As I sit her and reflect back on this year, I see that there were many highs as well as many lows. There were times that were the best of times and the worst of times. There were times where I was super excited about some things and then there were those times where I wondered "Why?".

I am so glad that My Heavenly Father is faithful to His Word and NEVER strays from what He has promised. It is because of His faithfulness that I made through all of the lows, the worst and the whys. It is because of His faithfulness, His love, His grace and mercies, that I am who I am today.

God has seen me through some major victories in 2014. There were some legal victories, medical victories, spiritual warfare victories, financial victories and relational victories. All very challenging but victorious nonetheless, because that is who My God is.

There were some major lessons that I learned also in this year. All of those lessons revealed the mysteries of God in me and for them, I am ever grateful.

1) I learned that I am stronger and more resilient in God than even I realized and it was through all of those challenges that my strength and resilience was revealed. I bounced back stronger and quicker than even I expected. Lesson Learned.

2) I learned that I had to free myself of trying to be who I thought that others perceived me to be. It is not just about their perceptions of who I should be but also there opinions of me. This is one the most effective lessons that I learned and one that I really laid hold of just recently. The lesson spoke to me during a conversation that I was having with someone and I caught myself saying that I was something that I was not. I said it because the conversation had taken that turn and I realized that it was what they expected me to say. When the revelation of that lesson came to me, I had to repent and made the correction. I will not be who others want me, perceive me or think me to be. I am who God says that I am and I have to stick to the lesson that I learned from that. Lesson Learned.

3) I learned that I am not above reproach. That was a hard lesson to learn because there was a time when I never wanted to be corrected, never wanted to receive that rod of correction because I thought I knew it all. I felt that if I was corrected then I was a disappointment  and here again, the opinions of others was important to me until recently. I myself had no problem to giving the rod of corrections, The problem was in receiving it. Lesson Learned

4). I learned that I can make all of the plans that I want but if those plans are NOT God's plans for my life, they won't work. So, I just decided to stick to His plans for my life. My plan has now become to just follow His plan. And there you have it. Lesson Learned

5). I learned that if I learn from the lessons, then I won't repeat the same ones again. I learned that I cannot jump ahead of God and try to resolve issues myself. This was also a challenging one for me because I am so used to being a problem solver and always want to fix some thing or some body instead of letting the Ultimate Problem Solver handle it. Lesson Learned.

Overall, it has been a good year. For me it was the year of being Purposeful, Equipped, Empowered and Passionate and I lived each one of them. The purpose of each challenge was revealed and I learned the lessons from them. With each of those challenges, I was equipped and empowered, through the Word and Will of God to see each one through. And through it all, I remained passionate about my love for God, the calling on my life and the love of those who have been entrusted to me.

Thanking God for a grand year.

Thanks for reading. Leave a comment and feel free to share this post. You are Destined for Purpose: Empowered by Passion. Cass C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and participation on the blog are always welcome. Peace & Blessings