A Letter to Yesterday

photobucket.com
Dear Yesterday,

The time has come for us to say goodbye and so long. I’m not sure I know where to start because I can’t remember where we began, or where we end. I need you to let go. If you cared anything about me at any point in our past, please – just let go. Holding on to what was, is weighing on me in a mighty way. I don’t want to sound mean about it because we had some good times – but, what we HAD is just that – what we HAD. I need to free myself from the memories in your shadow so that I can move on.


There is no life for me in living in the past. There was a time when you were my present but that time has passed. I will always acknowledge you and give credit when it is due. But sometimes, you want more time and energy than I can give to you. You hold on too tight and sometimes refuse to let go. And I don’t want to live my life in reverse -


You’ll always be a part of me because You helped shape me. You're just not where I choose to pitch a tent and reside. You will always have your place in my life. After all, you are the yesterday that I created. You came to me a blank slate and gave me the option and freedom to fill in the blanks with whatever I wanted. I tried to choose wisely, to paint you full of happy memories, learning experiences, laughter, faith, and promises to be kept. From where I’m sitting, I’ve done a good job. So, you can let go now. I’m letting go. I need you to do the same. I’ll be the very best of who I am with grace, love, faith, laughter, dreams, and all the goodness that I can find so that I can have a better relationship with Today and Tomorrow.

Goodbye Forever!


Note to Readers...

Saying goodbye is never easy. It will not be easy because Yesterday played a pivotal role in who we are today and who we will become tomorrow. It was part of the decisions that we made, the relationships that we established, the mistakes and lessons that we learned from. Saying goodbye is never easy.

But we cannot allow Yesterday to hang around because it gets greedy and selfish, wanting to keep us stuck there forever. Hanging on to what 'used to be'. It wants to keep us from establishing new and better relationships with others such as Today and Tomorrow.


So, we have to remind Yesterday of who it is, our Past. 

Say goodbye to Yesterday. 

Say hello to Today, the Present. But we can't stay in the present too long either because Tomorrow , our Future, is waiting on us to get there.


Let's have a conversation with Tomorrow and see what our Future has prepared for us.


"Destined for Purpose: Empowered with Passion"

Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and participation on the blog are always welcome. Peace & Blessings