In the Beginning

The Soulful Sandstone Blog is my way of speaking from my soul about how I came to discover who I am, whose I am, what my purpose is and how I can combine my passion with the things that God wants me to do. It is my hope that in sharing these things, you will come to discover yourself or some things about yourself, that you didn’t realize before and use these things to direct and elevate you to the next level in this maze called life.

Not too long ago, I was at a place of disarray. There have been times in my life where I have felt at my lowest because things were just not right in my spirit and in my everyday world. I had this feeling of uneasiness and couldn’t shake it. Feeling like a zombie, or better yet a robot, programmed to carry out the tasks of the day, with no feelings attached. I felt like I was running in place, tired as hell, but going absolutely nowhere.

There had to be more to life than what I was experiencing, but what was that ‘more’ that was missing? It seemed as if some people knew exactly what their ‘more’ was and was living it up. So, why not me? Why was my ‘more’ missing? I’m smart and intelligent. I’m a go-getter (if I knew what to get). I have BIG dreams of being rich with the fat bank account, mansion on the hill and luxury cars. So where was my ‘more’ to make those things happen?

It wasn’t until I stopped thinking of all of the material things and began to seek God for His purpose and His ‘more’ for my life, that things begin to change. I fasted and prayed for His will to be done in my life. I wanted to know what my purpose was and how it would enhance the Kingdom of God. I realized that it was not about me having all of those nice things, just to have them and show them off. Perhaps that was why they had yet to manifest. But it is about having the wealth of God, so that I could carry out His mission. He has a specific purpose for EACH one of us, one that shall glorify Him and enhance His kingdom.

Please understand that your purpose is not about you, but about glorifying and enhancing the Kingdom of God. Once you grasp that concept, you can begin to seek Him for discovery. He will show it to you.He will lead you right into your destiny.

For some, myself included, He has shown our purpose many times before, but WE didn’t get it because WE wanted to do something different or it wasn’t glorious enough at the time. We didn’t want to put in the work and/or commitment that would be required of us, because WE wanted to enjoy the worldly life. I’m not talking about you, but about me. Stay with me now.

You see, God revealed my purpose to me a few years ago and He even gave me quite a few details to go along with it. But I didn’t obey, because as I said before, I wanted to do something else. I had big plans, big dreams and thought that my way was the only way to get them. But because of my disobedience there are some lost sheep that I am now responsible for going out to bring back into the fold. Because I didn’t obey Him then, I too felt lost and outside of the shepherd’s reach for years. It wasn’t until I was literally at my wits end and ready to receive instructions and be obedient, did my Father once again reveal the details to me. This time, I will obey. I’ll go into more details in a future posting.

As we journey through this blog, we will cover several topics that can be used to help you realize some things. Some of the discussions will include: Defining Me, Purpose & Passion, Preparation and Position, Letting go of the past, Relationships- God, Family, Friends, Lovers, Acquaintances (Real names will not be used except by permission), Finances, Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

So join me on this journey and feel free to leave comments. Everyone has something to say and need someone to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and participation on the blog are always welcome. Peace & Blessings