30-Day Gratitude Journal- Day 25


BTW Bulldogs Alumni dancing at picnic 2011
 Today was a fun-filled day spent with classmates, old friends and new friends alike. It was the annual picnic for my the Booker T. Washington High School Alumni. and we represented as we always do. There were a couple of DJs, vendors, a raffle, and one class even had a Daiquiry Bar set up.

All in all, I am grateful that we are true Washingtonians in our hearts. And here are some other things that I am grateful for on this day:


1) Having attended a high school whose students have always shared so much love for it as well as each other. We have too much fun for there to be any drama. Drama-free....gotta love it.


Some member of the BTW Class of 84.
Others came after this picture was taken.
 2) Seeing members of my class (Class of 84) come out and reminisce about the things we did back then. Whew!! If those walls could talk. It's a good thing that school has been remodeled and the old walls have been replaced...lol

3) For my friend Anthony (Class of 85). He went the extra mile to make sure that I got a piece of that delicious fish that he served. Thank you for doing that. Much appreciative.

4) Karen and Valeria (Class of 82) sharing some of 'jungle juice' with me. I don't know what the ingredients were, but I do know that it was delicious and quite refreshing.

5) Just enjoying the laughter, singing, dancing and good times with everyone from all of the different classes that were represented today. There were members from classes as far back as 1962 out there.

We absolutely love our school. The Alumni Association is strong and we even have an Alumni Band featuring thr fantastic drumline from the 80's.

Do you remember an older gentlemen who was on American Idol singing "Pants on the Ground"? Yep, he's an alumni of old Booker T. He actually marched in the parade with the band at last year's homecoming. He marched with the Drum Majors for the entire route of the parade to the Georgia Dome where the football game was played.

Now I look forward to homecoming later this year; Coronation, Royal Pep Rally, tailgating, parade, halftime show, crowning of the queens, and hanging out with the peeps again.

"I'm so glad, that I went to Washington High
I'm so glad, that I went to Washington High
I'm so glad, that I went to Washington High
Singing glory to the Bulldogs,
I went to Washington High"

 
 
"Destined for Purpose: Empowered with Passion"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and participation on the blog are always welcome. Peace & Blessings